I began at an early age working with children at L & M Gymnastics as an instructor for fourteen years. I enjoyed working with children so much, I began working a second job at Family Service Daycare Center (my first job in a daycare center), as a teacher’s assistant for a few years. I then worked at a few other daycares in Springfield, I taught a music program at one of the daycares, worked at Scope in the school district and worked my way up to being teacher and director qualified by attending Child Development classes at Lincoln Land College-increasing my knowledge and education of young children. In 2006, I decided to start my own family childcare business part time, becoming licensed and providing evening care for five children until I filled all my spots, and then I did it full-time. Throughout the years I have attended many trainings, been first aid and CPR certified, and very committed to my job.
- Awarded ECE Credential Level 2 (January 2014)
- Awarded Infant & Toddler Credential Level 2 (February 2014)
- Awarded School -Age & Youth Development Credential Level 1 (January 2015)
- Awarded School -Age & Youth Development Credential Level 2 (November 2016)
- Family Childcare Credential Level 2 (November 2018)